Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sweet Hannah

Hannah is our 14 year old Bassett Hound.  She was our first child and Rick and I got her right after we got married.  Hannah and Bryson have a special bond and she has been through all three children.  Lately, Hannah has been felling pretty bad.  She has several tumors all over her body but because of her age, we decided not to treat them. I definitely do not want  her in any pain, but cannot bear the thought of having her put to sleep.  Rick and I have talked about it and will see what happens.

When I got home from school on Monday, Hannah was limping and crying.  I knew that it was time.  I called Rick and we decided that he would take her to the vet.  I took the kids to Walmart and told them that Daddy had called and he would take Hannah to the vet.  Bryson insisted on going and was very upset when she would not go.  We have been talking to them about her age, death, etc.  When Rick got home, he was so sad.  We told the kids that Hannah died in the truck on the way to the vet.  They were devastated, especially Bryson.  She keeps saying that she misses Hannah. 

Hannah was a great pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment