Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Here we go again

I feel like I am living the movie Groundhog Day.  I keep waking up to the same events over and over.  Apparently Blake did not get the message that I did not want to go back to the hospital.  On Sunday night, some friends stopped by to look at the dog.  About 7:15, Blake came running in screaming that he needed to go to the hospital because he cut his finger off.  Blood was everywhere.  One look at his finger and we got on our shoes and we headed out the door to the ER leaving our friends with Bryson and Brett. 

Blake was out riding his bike and thought the chain was loose.  He reached down to feel the chain and either his hand or his foot pressed on the bike pedal and it chewed up his finger.  I have a pretty tough stomach, but this just about did me in.  I'm sure he was going into shock but he kept screaming that he was going to pass out.  As Rick flew to Savannah, I tried to reassure Blake that he was going to be fine, even though I really thought he had lost the tip of the finger right below the nail. 

A screaming child being carried in by his Dad with a bloody towel gets you a really quick trip straight back!  Once they unwrapped his hand, they sent him straight to xray where it showed a broken finger.  We knew that because we saw it!  Fortunately, the tip of the finger does not have any tendons.  We will see the plastic surgoen tomorrow to see what he says.  Be careful when you look at the pictures below.  They are not for the weak of heart......

No comments:

Post a Comment