Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dad

We went to see Dad today and he was doing so good!  There was actually a glimmer in his eye and he made eye contact with us and talked.  He was excited that Blake shot a deer and told Bryson that she looked prettier and prettier every day!

I stepped into the dining room and when I came out, Rick and Blake had Dad standing up.  I have not seen Dad standing up in a while so I was surprised.  Blake said that he wanted to walk.  It took a little while to get him standing upright, but he did walk a good ways!  As soon as he stood up, he started singing the Rawhide song.  Rick said, "Rawhide!"  Dad said, "Woohoo!"  Then Rick asked Dad if he wanted to dance.  Dad looked at him and said,"With you??"  Rick said, "No, I guess not.  I'm not that pretty."  Dad said, "I will have to agree with that!"  What great memories and laughs we had today.  So thankful for the good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment